Monday, August 30, 2004

I hate, hate, hate when a pattern turns out to be incorrect and chock full of errors! The niece's poncho pattern turned out to be a doozy. I was following that thing exactly and it refused to cooperate. I ended up switching patterns over to a tried and true and now it is going swimmingly. Here is where I am with it so far:

Poncho picture accidently removed by Carlin (even the Blog isn't safe)


I hate when crochet, one of the things in life I love to do the most, turns into this stress causing thing that totally turns me off. I don't need to create more stress for myself when what stress already exists is enough (did I use the word "stress" enough in this post?)
but, I digress...
Carlin went swimming at her friends house yesterday, spent all day (several hours) in the pool, got completely sunburned (even with her already caramel complexion I always admonish her to wear sunblock) and had scratchy feeling, light sensitive, still blurry eyes when she woke up this morning and stayed home from school today.
Too much of a good thing (except yarn) is never good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Poor Carlin. Hope she is feeling better now. She better be feeling better, this is the HOT week for you to receive your scarf from her!!!!! Tell her she had better have it done by Friday - or I'm coming over to give her a pep talk, you HAVE to wear it for the BBQ.

Know EXACTLY what you mean about a "wrong" pattern. It just ticks you off and put you out of the mood. Hopefully this one will be better for you. Keep me posted.

Tootles~