Thursday, August 26, 2004

Today is Carlin's first day of the 7th grade...and here she is leaving the house at 6:30am!

Another one of the school districts great ideas in allieviating overcrowding. Early in, late out and really long vacations...In my opinion, the early/late days are not great for the kids...extracurricular activities are pretty much out of the question during the week, especially for Carlin and the kid's in her program...they have around 3 hours of homework, most days. Weekends are usually spent really tired and trying to catch up on sleep and more homework.

I've tabled the "Popcorn Stitch" scarf for now, I wasn't having fun with it. Now i'm sort of in a project limbo, though I could work on my "Ripple" but I think I need to start on some holiday gifts...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Carlin! I can't imagine having to get up that early. That can't be a good trend for kids to have such long hours. Did you come up with any holiday gift ideas yet? Karen made me start worrying about it, but I haven't come up with anything yet.

-Christine

Anonymous said...

Kids travel time to and from school should be counted as part of their school day!!!! It shouldn't be on "their" own time. Poor Carlin.

Okay you guys, don't start blaming me about the holidays approaching....I'm just getting you ready.....for you to make me a birthday gift! Ha, ha.

Tootles~

Karen