Monday, August 23, 2004

I had an opportunity to work on my 'popcorn cluster neck warmer' at the Sunday SnB yesterday...I'm going to do my best not to frog it again, it's not been my favorite project to do so far. I managed this time to get at least about 20 rows in. I think that might mean I'm officially committed to it's completion.

The Sunday SnB was a fun time yesterday...I think Carlin managed to work on my scarf for a sum total of like 10 minutes and then she was off to something a little more interesting...I can tell that she is truly bored with making it. She taught herself to knit a couple of months ago (is that all?) Seems like it's been a lot longer, she has a lot of projects started...Plus, things she is crocheting. Which means that my scarf, which was the 2nd thing she ever knitted, will get done when it get's done, and that is ok. I also had to promise her that if she actially knit a scarf for me I HAD to wear it the day it was finished no matter what the weather was...i'm thinking November might be better then say August! Although, now she's having visions of me wearing it to a Labor Day B'bq. Evil child.

Karen surprised me at the SnB yesterday by giving me a BUNCH of Cro-knit hooks, I have to say that I was truly touched and rendered speechless by her generosity. She and her daughter Cara are two truly wonderful people and I am glad to know them.

Before we actually even left Kaldi's, Carlin was already trying to teach herself to Cro-Knit, by the time we had actually gotten home and looked at www.stitchguide.com she had figured it out within minutes and then showed me. It is super fun and creates some beautiful stitches. I can't wait to do a project.

Karen also reminded me that the holidays are just around the corner, which was prefaced with the question, "what are we giving people."
now i'm n-e-r-v-o-u-s. I have to start planning that stuff all out! I had a panic attack last night, i'm not saying that was the reason, i'm actually not even sure why, but... 8-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the hooks, and that you will use them. Carlin can teach us all at our meetings.

Aren't my little Mexican Hot Sauce guys looking good for Christmas! :-> It's a one-of-a-kind gift and you don't have to worry about giving something that someone already has. Ha, ha.

Tootles~

Karen