Wednesday, September 29, 2004

"Forgive me, for I have sinned. It's been 11 days since my last Blog entry." It seems like the more letters and emails that I have to write makes Blogging far less appealing. Maybe it's just the subjects that I have been consumed with as of late. The biggest thing is trying to be an advocate for my daughter and the education that she deserves to receive. I cannot, with a clear conscience, leave the total responsibility of what my daughter's education consists of to the teachers and administration of the Los Angeles Unified School District. If I did that I would never be able to live with myself and it would be doing an extreme disservice to Carlin and her abilities. Let's just say that if money were not an issue we'd be sending her to private school, no question about it. Since we aren't able to, I have to be Carlin's personal zealot.

The horror... and I KNOW why the cow is laughing...
Carlin and I were at Ralphs Supermarket about a week ago and bought a SEALED package of the Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss Cheese. I stress sealed because all of it was, the packaging was not questionable. Carlin unwrapped one of the foil wedges, after she had already consumed a few and the is what was LIVING inside:

You think the company is scared? You better freaking believe they are. Comments? Opinions on what you think we should do? I would appreciate them.

Does anyone have any ideas for a more "User Friendly" Blog? Blogspot's interface is not that easy to use and my whole Blog has decided to arbitrarily shift the box that I had on the right side down to the bottom of the page and I don't for the life of me know how to fix it. It's driving me crazy!

I've done little projects here and there...more hats, a pair of bootie slippers, finished a poncho and I need to start one for my mom...pictures of those things to follow.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Public school builds character. Yours and Carlin's. ;)

2. No idea on what to do about the cheese, but it sounds like the right people are appropriately freaked out.

3. Blogger is probably the *best* (as in, powerful) free blog available, but there are easy, less powerful options.

http://www.livejournal.com (evil and annoying, but very easy to set up)
http://www.xanga.com (less intuitive interface, uglier templates, but also free and reasonably simple)
TypePad is probably the best for both ease of use and tastefulness, despite not being free. I understand the desire not to spend money on yet another hobby, however. ;)

-- Dixie

Anonymous said...

Typepad, $8.95/month. Much easier on the head, the cost of it is less than therapy!!!!

See, I'm still around and haven't forgotten you.

Tell Carlin the good thing about the cheese is that the bug is WHOLE and not half a bug. :->

Really, really trying for tomorrow night!

Tootles~