Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I think a couple of posts back I mentioned that I was knitting a sweater on size 4 needles for my nephew. Let's just say it's not going to happen. I was completely overzealous in my choice of needle size and yarn in relation to my lack of knitting skill. However, as a side note, I am still going to attempt knitting socks in the very near future. After much trepidation, I have frogged the 8,000,000,000 rows of that sweater and have found a crocheted sweater pattern I like a lot better and it's fun and satisfying!
Here is my progress so far....










The funny thing about certain crochet patterns, usually the stuff that is free, is that you have to look past the obvious dorkiness of it's appearance in the photo . This sweater was no exception. I hope that my visualization skills have not let me down and the end result will be what I have envisioned. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you laugh at me when I start projects on small needles.

Maybe you and I should have a "sock off", who finishes their "pair" of socks first. When did you say Carlin was graduating from college??????? We'll make that day the deadline for our sock project...ya think? :-> They will be a great graduation gift for her.

Don't give up on your knitting girl!

Tootles~