Friday, June 17, 2005

Shaken but NOT stirred

Personally, I love a little earthquake activity in my life, it makes you remember the whole "scheme of things." Besides that, you get to see a bunch of idiots on the news asking people stupid questions about what they were doing at the time it happened. Just once I would love to hear someone say they were on the toilet, followed by a brief but detailed description about that scenario. Yeah, I know, i'm sick. Whatever. We all have our crosses to bear.

Speaking of (not so funny) toilet humor...

I didn't feel the one we supposedly had last Sunday. We, combined with our upstairs neighbors were dealing with a major plumbing emergency. I was busily bailing raw sewage out of our toilet that was rapidly trying to overflow. Fun. I think if there had been an easy pain- free way of committing suicide at that moment I would have.

Needless to say, we have had cocktail hour at the Davis residence every night this week, so nice and relaxing. Not to worry, it's not time to do the AA intervention yet.

I missed the SnB last night. I fully intended on going but got home and was so tired. I just couldn't do it. I'm sure I would have sat there staring into space and been no fun at all.

Still trying to make a dent in my stash. Hats, hats and more hats...and I can't post a frigging picture, yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HAHA, I'd like to hear that earthquake story as well!