Thursday, June 09, 2005

I was sitting in my car this a.m by myself at a red light and I flashed back to something that was said at an SnB awhile back. This woman who I'd never met said she knits while driving. Excuse me, but how is that even possible? (By the way, I cannot remember who said that, or how long ago it was. I have a habit lately of compartmentalizing things in my brain and then going back to process them when I have time or the 'RAM' gets full). Does anyone who reads this blog knit or crochet while they are driving? Does the mere idea of it seem ludicrous to anyone else? Could she have been lying?

By the way, i'd like to direct your attention (if you haven't already seen them) to the most inspired pair of hand knit socks I have ever seen over at Dixie's blog. They are truly amazing and the reason I will NEVER attempt to knit socks :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The only way I've heard this even being attempted is to knit at stoplights and the like...knit WHILE driving...that I'd like to see (well, not really...if cell phone driving is bad....)

Anonymous said...

...she said that she steered with her knees.....but thankfully, she 'discovered' public transportation and has gotten lots of knitting done in a safe way....she made a pair of socks for her dad last week. :) tb