Wednesday, May 24, 2006

"I think i'm turning Japanese, I think i'm turning Japanese, I really think so..."

I asked for advice and opinions on crocheted bookmarks and then I disappeared from blogland. I did end up making some for mothers day out of a bulky Red Heart Yarn with gigantic flowers crocheted to them. KIDDING. I actually made book thongs out of a size 10 thread with a hook that was so small I could have removed a splinter from my finger with it. Oy.



I got the initial pattern for it from Crochet Me and took some creative license. They were super fast, worked up in way less then an hour, easy and pretty darn fun. A nice brainless, not too thinky project. The cool thing was that I only had to buy the thread for it, everything else I already possessed.

Can you say i-n-e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e... I love that.

****************************************************************

For Mother's Day Carlin created one of her Amigurumi for me. So cute. She is a bleached blonde, bubblegum snapping, japanese pop star. I just love her. She reminds me of those japanese girls that dance backup for Gwen Stefani.

Continuing the Japanese theme....(try and have sound for this) So sweet.

No comments: