Thursday, November 03, 2005

Off kilter

Dixie wrote a blog entry over at Blog Coven that I found extremely provocative. In fact, it answered a lot of "whys" for me . The other day I thought to myself that Mercury had to be in retrograde because of all the weirdness happening to me lately...I think that I prefer to go with her Mars theory instead. Things are so out of sorts I even did a Rune reading for the first time in years. It was right on. Here's what it looked like:

I'm getting nervous about the holiday projects so I'm trying to do things that take no time. The people that they are for do not crochet or knit so they have absolutely no concept of how long or short of a time they take. I feel like I'm duping the commoners. Oh well. The sham will continue.

My Grandmother commented about a week or so ago, using her best Jewish guilt, about how she would love to have another scarf for the cooler weather. Here's the part that got me...I think she feels like why would people, grandchildren included, want to do things for her out of the goodness of their hearts? She offered to pay me for it! I feel so cheap. Like a Crochet Whore...I told her to leave the money on the nightstand.

Grandmother's scarf:

1 comment:

tb said...

and can you do them for us?